Monday, February 02, 2009

Children

With palms together,
Good Morning Everyone,

There is a slate sky becoming light blue outside my house. I study these things. Ever since Vietnam I have had a near obsession with morning light. The nights were so dark and dangerous there and the light of morning bathed me with a sense of hope. Yet, I also feel drawn to the night: soft, hidden. A time when our ears turn from human sound to nature's sound.
_____________

So, now it is later in the morning. Zazen is done. Yoga is done. And the house is clean.

Livvie, our granddaughter, is with us this morning. She is not well and had to stay home from daycare. So, I made us all pancakes and sent her to play on the organ. she loves to put on a recorded tune and either "play" along or dance to it.

Three year olds are so interested and expressive!

Anyway, I am not sure how to wrap this note into a spiritual practice other than to say its often enlightenment itself to be with children.

Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...