Sunday, March 08, 2009

Coming Home, But Never Really Leaving

With palms together,
Good Morning Everyone,
My Little Honey comes home this evening. The bedding is already in the washer. She has been in the Cleveland area for a week sitting with her cousin and niece while her Aunt, who was 96, was dying. She died Wednesday and so Judy is now free to return.
We have experienced a number of deaths and illnesses over recent months. Its as if an age is passing away completely while we are being reminded of our nature. The out breath of the universe is always there, followed by an inbreath. It is the nature of things, including ourselves.
This morning I will set out my potted hibiscus plants. Quickly clean, then prepare the Zendo for visitors. We sit formal Zen at 9:00 AM this morning. This afternoon, I'll have lunch with my family, then teach my first class on Introduction to Kabbalah at the Academy. Life does go on.
Just now,
I sip my tea
and open my heart
to you.
One lotus
to another
One weed
to another.
No lotus; no weed.
May we each
be what we are:
One.


No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...