Saturday, July 21, 2012

Blog Follower's Invitation

With palms together,
Good Morning Bloggers

I would like to that you for being "followers" of my blog.  I realized this morning that I rarely post anything on Blogger that I don't post in other venues.  So, I want to invite you each to post a comment on the content of this blog and let me know how you feel about something. 

If you have followed my blog for some time you will know that I have often taken personal life and commented on it from a Zen perspective.  I have done less of that of late.  Moreover, I have not posted much about Zen and its practice either.  What I want to know is this: do you prefer straight Zen talk or content from my everyday life with a Zen commentary?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Gassho

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have only been visiting this blog for about six months, so I don't have as long-termed a perspective as some readers might (although I have trolled the archives a bit). I'm also not sure I am completely clear on the distinction between "straight zen talk" and zen perspectives on everyday happenings in your life. However, the blog entries that are the most meaningful to me are the ones where an everyday moment leads to an exploration (and application) of an aspect of "straight zen" which helps to remind us that our practice is not confined to ideas, bound by words, or reserved for particular circumstances; our practice-potential is ever present and fitting to all circumstances.

That's just my fifth of a dime. :)
-Jonathan

Weasel Tracks said...

Daiho-roshi--

Pain is more involving than abstract teaching. Nonetheless, I don't see why either should not remain in the bag of tools. I think you're pretty good at letting the moment lead.

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...