Sunday, March 05, 2017

With palms together,
Good Morning All,

As most of you may know already, I suffered second degree burns on my right hand and arm the evening of February 14.  I was making candles and allowed the paraffin to come to a boil.  Apparently when that happens paraffin becomes an explosive and as I poured the wax into the candle container, the paraffin exploded.

Needless to say, it hurt.  But more than that, it stopped me in my tracks as my right hand is the only hand  am able to use.    This injury then, was not only incredibly painful, but disabling, as well.

One of the things I've learned about pain over the years, and I've had more than my share of pain, is that it gives us a deep appreciation for not having it.  Pain saps our energy, affects our ability to be patient and compassionate, and loosens our ability to hold our speech.  During the most painful first week I was a royal pain in the butt to be around.  

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...