Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Love

With palms together,
Good Evening Sangha,

It is dark outside. And cold. The desert does not hold the heat of the sun. I am sitting by my bedroom window thinking about the next few days. Visiting our daughter will be a delight. Her dissertation defense will be stressful. They always are. My hope is that we will get through it, enjoy the process as best we can, then celebrate and come home.

Moments are what they are. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good, sometimes a real pain in the ass. Still, being present is all that we have really. Yesterday and tommorow do not exist. It is pointless to fret over what was or over what might be. So, in this very moment what I experience is love.

My breath enters my body and my breath leaves my body. I am still. My heart is warm. I love.

When we have love in every present moment what else is there?

No room for hate. No room for fear. No room for worry. Just a deep and abiding love.

I have faith in this universe and its processes. It is way larger than me. And yet there I am in it. Part of it, all of it, none of it.

There are those who would look around and see all the death and destruction, the hate and fear, and say, "what an awful, terrible world." There are others who look at the same things and see the human heart beating, overcoming great odds, and still loving. The will to life and love are powerful. They are the currents ofthe universe. And while we clash, we also embrace. While we kill, we also save. My sense is that the balances are always tipped in favor of life and love.

Spread the love, one being at a time.

Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...