Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A lot of work to do

With palms together,
Good Afternoon All,

Parden the tardiness of my daily note. It seems a construction crew cut the Comcast cable to half our city yesterday afternoon and they have been scrambling to get it repaired. I decided to take my laptop out to lunch and find a wireless connection to read the news and connect wih you. In the former, bad idea, as to the latter, good idea.

Killing prisoners in the name of God. Its a torturous path to twist religion so. I fear for the world. We are stepping ever so close to the edge of fundamentalist craziness. Each step seems to justify another, and the whole world seems to be going blind.

My heart goes out to the people who are dying and the people doing the killing. In both cases, such pain and suffering. Killing is never a good thing.

What can I do?

I can love the world as it is. I can feel for the world as it is. I can hope for the world as it is. I can be a voice and a witness. Together, we can model another way, a way in the middle, between extremes. A way of acceptance, understanding, grace, and joy. A way of love.

Oh my. We have a lot of work to do.

Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...