Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Morning Again


With palms together,
Good Morning Everyone,

This morning I woke at my regular time, 4:30, and witnessed the moon set. I cannot help but think of Master Dogen and his apparent fascination with the moon. I share this fascination. Serene reflection illumination. It kind of fits with my obsession with morning light. Its all transition, fluid, penetrating.

Ever since Vietnam when I forced myself to stay awake through the night after being shot in the head, I have had this fascination. I have sought that light, that light would signal my safety, my life. The light of early morning is soft, tender, and reaches out as a slow surf spreads across the sand. Cold to warm, dark to light, and in an instant aware: no dark, no light, no cold, no warm. Just this serenity.

And so sunrise has a particular meaning for me.

Wake up!


No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...