Friday, March 05, 2010

Soku Shin

With palms together,
Good Morning Everyone,

Soku Shin Ze Butsu: Mind here and now is Buddha. Master Dogen writes, “The immediate universe exists; it is not awaiting realization, and it is not avoiding destruction.” (Shobogenzo, Volume I, p. 52)

When we practice, we touch this mind. The mind of practice realization, the mind that understands mountains are not mountains, but mountains are mountains. Words are dust covering the truth. Sweep away the dust and see clearly: mind, object of mind, and thought arising from mind, are one in the same in every moment and in the next moment, non-existent.

Yesterday I worked on arranging time at Upaya Zen Center in Sante Fe and called to begin the process to go to Claude Anshin Thomas’s Veteran’s Retreat in New York. Early this morning I am sitting with a friend’s partner as my friend undergoes a medical procedure and later this morning sitting Street Zen at the Veteran’s Park. Tonight I will attend Shabbat dinner at the house with family.
So, it is a busy time. Son Jacob will be meeting a person about renting a house this afternoon and I am, therefore, hopeful that I may move in to this condominium in full soon.

Be well,

1 comment:

Rizal Affif said...

So mind, objects of mind, and arising thoughts, are just like words themselves... hmm... thanks for sharing, Roshi... :)

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...