Sunday, February 13, 2011

Moving

With palms together,


Good Morning Everyone,



Haven’t done much Zen thinking lately (a contradiction in terms, I know), but we have been doing a bunch of Zen Living. Moving allows for an opportunity to be deliberate and mindful, selecting this or that, new paint, curtains or blinds, sorting items, and so on.



I had been living at the Temple, then partially moved into my partner’s apartment, now fully moved in together in a place new to both of us. With this came considerations of space, how we would manage together, and, ultimately, how this change affects my Temple time management.



I will be moving much of my library to the new apartment as I tend to write in the mornings and access to my library is important in that process. Our Temple hours will continue to be afternoons and evenings as that is when most visitors tend to come. I think we will open at 2:00 PM and close at 8:30 PM Monday through Thursday, and 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM on Fridays with our regular Sunday Zazen period being from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM.



Today at CMZT 9:00 AM Zazen and in the afternoon we will host an Open House at our new apartment from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Please consider dropping by. Call me for address and directions at 680-6680.



Be well

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...