Thursday, May 17, 2012

With respect,




The day began early, 3:30 AM, to be exact, as I stepped out onto the porch to practice Zazen with the crickets first, then the birds. The east coast is a very humid place and in no time at all I feel the weight of the air on my skin. It feels as though I am swimming as I sit. Most interesting.



I will pack up and leave for New Mexico on Monday morning. I have an appointment for motercycle maintenance in Florece South Carolina at 10:00 AM that morning and will then head south to meet with Taiun Elliston at his Atlanta Soto Zen Center. From there, if time allows I will visit Inmo at his Zendo in Alabama, then head west. We will see. Between then and now my brother and sister will arrive for a family gathering on SaturdayI am very much looking forward to this. I haven't seen either in years.



Other news: son Jacob has left his restaurant in Wilmington to take a job as Executive chef at a very fancy restaurant in Austin, Tx. This is a good move for him...and for me, as it puts his family within fairly easy driving distance from Las Cruces. I am happy for him and his family.



I am feeling much better. Still walking with a limp, but do not necessarilly need the cane. This is very good!



Be well

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...