Monday, October 29, 2018

Flu, What Can I Say?

With palms together,

I am sick with the flu.  Fever, chills, aches and pains, runny nose, chronic cough...you know, the flu.  I’ve been down with it for two days.  Not long, but long enough to really be tired of it!

All I can say is, “sit with it!”  And I will.

In the meantime, my practice is to simple be with my flu. I take my medicine, eat what I can, and generally doze off to sleep now and then.

It's good to just relax into one’s illness, I think.  Especially when fighting with it just makes it worse.

Yours in the Dharma,


1 comment:

Ku Shin said...

I remember you telling a certain young student, who has allergies during practice, to sit with it. Your flu and his allergies will make for good stories. Do get better my teacher. I will remember you dedication when I get the “ I don’t wanna’s” when it comes to my solitary practice.

Gassho

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...