Sunday, October 21, 2018

The Coming End

Facing the coming end
Of my years, I wonder
What I’ve accomplished
And how I could have
Lived my life better.

I suppose its natural
To investigate myself,
An elderly man
Coming closer to his end.

Yet, it seems a pointless task
As there is no way to change a thing once done
And I realize nothing I can do today
Will matter much in the end.

I do hope I have been of service
I hope I will be fondly remembered
although I don’t know why that seems important,
Yet it goes.

There is no other life but this one
And perhaps its meaning
was nothing more or less than that.
Just to live in this body till it is no more.

1 comment:

Ku Shin said...

I shed a tear reading this.

"Enlightenment, for a wave in the ocean,
is the moment the wave realizes it is water."

Cherish your service and teachings.

Gassho

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...