Sunday, October 28, 2018

With palms together,

Good Morning All,

Yesterday afternoon I spoke at the Veterans Administration Healthcare Center in El Paso, Texas. My topic was the benefits of meditation.  Walking into the building was like diving into a pool of suffering.  Veterans everywhere.  All waiting.  Some filling out forms, others just hanging around talking with each other. Waiting.  I believe that’s one of our crosses to bear.

I walked gingerly through the crowd to the bank of elevators which took me to third floor and a set of classrooms where people were waiting for me to arrive.  I was a little late as I got lost in the city. But  there I was.

The group of about forty people welcomed me.  I took to the podium and began with what brought me to Zen, followed by an explanation of the benefits of practice and then offered a meditation period. This was followed by a Q & A.

Most people felt the power of even a short period of sitting.  And the questions were meaningful and often personal.  I felt we connected.

I was then presented with a lovely certificate in a frame.

It was a good day.

Gassho

3 comments:

Unknown said...

🙏

Unknown said...

Enjoying the blog Roshi, keep the content coming! Gassho

Ku Shin said...

Thank you for this wonderful blog teacher, I look forward to the many lesson you will share here. ��

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...