Friday, March 31, 2006

Change the World Today!

With palms together,
Good Morning All,

Today is a day you can use to change the world. Rita, a member of my Zen Living Yahoogroups list, my Yahoo 360 friend, and Child Protective Services Worker in California, invited everyone to do something today to Change the World.

I am passing this invitation along.

Each one of us, doing something good, can and will make a difference. Small as a smile and invitation to talk, large as picking up trash along a pathway, each act of kindness to self and others creates goodness in the world.

Now, go change the world.

Be well.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Greetings alll sangha, I recently came across this site and was really happy to see ya'll advocating a living practice. I do have one question about the heading though: Why is wisdom expensive? Seems it only cost our delusions. And I can't get rid of those fast enough. Practice like the wheels are coming off(they are), Guy

Daiho Hilbert-Roshi said...

With palms together, Hello Guy. Wisdom comes at the cost of living. You are correct, though, that the suffering in life is there due to our delusions. Getting rid of them is what its all about. My sense is we must commit ourselves to living fully and deeply, often in pain, in order to get to a place where we can really appreciate our lives. I guess that is the cost I refer to here in the title of this blog. Be well.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your response, I'm glad this was your answer as opposed to some financial meaning. Selling water by the riverside you know. I agree wholeheartily about commiting to living life deeply, but why all the pain? True, confronting oneself can be unsettling and uncomfortable; but upon acceptance of the way things are I find that goes away most of the time. Also I wanted to ask you how you like to be adressed? Roshi? Just want to make sure I give proper respect, Guy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...