Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Our Mindfull Bell

With palms together,
Good Morning All,

This morning I felt rushed. I woke late. Without panic, though, I quickly and mindfully got myself to the Zen Center for our morning Zazen.There were three of us this morning and it was delightful to light the candle and offer incense. Reciting the Great Heart of Wisdom Sutra, the words rang like deep bells in my heart ad mind. We sat quietly for a thirty minute period.

At home, I sat down to write to you and Tripper laid down beside me. He is there now, head on my left hand, breathing gently and slowly, completely relaxed. What a warm and wonderful feeling.

In our lives we perceive ourselves moving from place to place, like a boat along a shore. In truth nothing is moving. We are always right where we are. Being awake to this is the real joy of our practice.

We wake to this present moment practice by paying attention to our own bell of mindfulness as it sounds with each beat in our chests.

Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...