Sunday, July 23, 2006

Take a Bite!

With palms together,
Good Morning All,

If we keep a piece of fruit too long without enjoying it, it becomes unenjoyable. Nothing can be saved for very long: the universal processes, revealing the truth of impermanence, cannot be stopped. Yet we try. My, do we try.

Trying to stop change is like refusing the Universal. Here comes the flood, let's stop it! Right!

If we are "lucky" or willing to work hard, we might slow it down, yet in the process, it is interesting to note, we lose touch with that which we are now because our attention is directed toward keeping change from happening.

Enjoy this moment, as it is. If you are exercising, you are enjoying your exercise, not working to forestall a weakened future! If you are eating healthy, enjoy eating healthy, not the thought that you are pushing away cancer or some other dread inevitability.

Take a bite of life and savor it!

Be well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Sodaiho-roshi!! My teacher discussed mindfulness practice too, today, at my Zen center. Thank you. Enjoy your life!

Anonymous said...

Very good stuff...

Anonymous said...

My sons like bananas a bit green, I do not, and think I will eat it later. But I don't see the banana when it is ripe, distracted by whatever, until I see the tiny flies over the brown fruit. Oh no.

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...