Wednesday, November 08, 2006

May We Have Ears to Listen

With palms together,
Good Morning All,
 
Yesterday, three of my friends worked the polls. My Little Honey and I did this for a couple of years in Mayhill, near our Refuge. It is a long day, believe me, but so rewarding.  I want to take a moment and thank Eve, Allen, and Lou for their volunteerism. You each are a blessing to our community.
 
As the day passed into night, I watched the election off and on. It is an amazing thing this democratic process. The "fair and balanced" conservative news network could not seem to get a handle on the immensity of the tidal wave for change, and the original 24 hour news network could barely control itself. Clearly the people of the United states have sent a message in no uncertain terms to our President.
 
Let us hope he has ears to listen.
 
Appropos to this I read that new text on the Buddha and the Terrorist yesterday. We could learn much from this story. A terrorist and mass murderer from a low caste meets the Buddha, is pacified, becomes enlightened, and is forgiven. The terrorist goes on to become a monk and instrument of compassion.  This story is testimony to the power of compassion and skillful means. I highly recommend this book to you.
 
 
 
 
Be well.


Rev. Harvey So Daiho Hilbert, Ph.D. 
May All Beings Be Free From Suffering
On the web at:
 


Sponsored Link

Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill. Sign up now.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...