Thursday, November 02, 2006

Our Teachers

With palms together,
Good Morning All,

Through the smallest things in our life do we create ourselves. The way we touch something, the way we treat our friends, strangers, the cashier in the grocery store. Each point of contact with the world around us is a manifestation of our realization. Want to be a buddha, be a Buddha. It is really that simple.

This requires a willingness to be thoughtful and mindful. It also requires a willingness to surrender our ego and to see our Teacher in everything from the highest to the lowest, because in truth, there is no highest, no lowest, and every single thing is buddha.

This is so challenging in a busy world. We feel we must multitask and thus, by definition, live mindlessly on a sort of contemporary auto-pilot. such a life leads to callous disregard for what is before us. Things, people, animals become means to ends. We do not have the time to see them for the Teachers they are.

I invite you each to stop. Create a small amount of time in your busy lives to be still. Practice zazen.


Be well.

1 comment:

buenacompa said...

So true. The auto pilot is not as necessary anymore. I wish I could stop myself before the stuff hits the fan. I forget to be still although I was trying to use the bus ride to do that. I liked this it does resonate. I feel very selfish today.

Thanks for posting.

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...