Friday, January 23, 2009

Questions

With palms together,
Good Morning Everyone,

Zen is about all existence in all times. When we thoroughly experience the present moment as it clearly is, we experience all moments. We are karma unfolding and each moment, its flower. Not all flowers are nice. All flowers are nice. Flowers are just flowers. Moments are just moments. Our karma is to see clearly. You have come to Zen Living, a communication branch of Clear Mind Zen.

As I open my eyes, the world is created. Like an artist, I add this shade or hue to that flower. While this flower sits in the shade or wilts. My dog barks to disturb me or to talk to me or to simply bark. It is me who makes meaning.

When we see clearly, we see things as they are. Master Seung Sahn says this means we see function. We see what is needed. Water the flower, dead-head the flower, walk the dog, pet the dog. And so on. The world we create is not about us and our needs, although we would like it to be. Rather, it is about calling us to action.

The action we employ is a reflection of our perception: is it about "me" or "you" or neither? Is it about the world as it is? Is it about our relative state of awakened being?

To sit zazen is to address these questions. To walk kinhin is to address these questions. To practice samu is to address these questions. To eat mindfully is to address these questions.

Forget your answers.

Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...