Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Day

With palms together,


Good Morning Everyone,





Last night I came “home” to a leather sofa with a hole in its corner: Suki did it. She is now spending her days in her cage. Somehow, I need to repair that sofa. My Daughter-in-Law suggested an automotive store. She knows things like this. So, sometime today I will visit the Auto Zone.



Anyway, I got to the Temple and opened her up at 6:00 AM. Zazen at 7:00 was followed by a talk with a neighbor who is very interested in Zen. I handed him a flier and invited him to visit us for Zazen.



We just need to be here. People will come and when they do, they will expect someone to be here to listen to them and to offer them instruction.



At 10:00 AM, I will meet a friend who will help me move bookcases and possibly our futon. Then I will attend a Clergy Lunch.



I want to thank all of you who assisted us in moving into the Temple: Reba, Joe, Ken, Celia, Colette, and now Ken S. You are all bodhisattvas.



Such a wonderful life this is.



Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...