Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Stillness

With palms together,


Good Morning Everyone,



This morning I woke at 4:00 AM. I got the coffee going, picked up a bit, took a quick shower, and enjoyed being still. There is something about the stillness of early morning that is healing. I really benefit from such time. It’s like a recovery period.



Yesterday was a challenging day for a variety of reasons I won’t go into in detail. Suffice to say I experienced anticipation and expectation as true causes of suffering.



The advice I give to myself when feeling overwhelmed or frustrated is, a. Take a break, and b. Relax into stillness. Allowing my breath to just come and go as it does, I am able to begin to appreciate everything in view. It is mindful attention in the given moment.



Now, just now,



Be well

2 comments:

Rizal Affif - The Soul Sanctuary said...

Ah, nice advice. Thanks for sharing, Roshi :)

Rizal Affif - The Soul Sanctuary said...

Nice advice, Roshi. Thanks for sharing :)

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...