Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Zen

With palms together,




Good Morning Everyone,







It is 7:30 and I feel as though I am playing hooky. Condo Zendo practice has been canceled for this week. Staying at the Ex's house has truly disrupted my routine. Or should I say, changed it. I woke up this morning, made the coffee, and took care of the dogs. From there I wandered into the garage where I prepared the wood for our Zen Temple sign. I think it will only say, "Zen" on it. But in practicing yesterday, I discovered I needed a different brush. So, I water sealed the wood, cut strips with which I will frame it, and now the pieces await the brush.







Meanwhile, Trip and Suki are enjoying the yard, especially the underground "drip" system which Suki seems to want to dig up. They are both soaked.







What is the Zen of this? It is every moment practice. Noticing, doing what can be done, and letting go of the rest.







Be well.

1 comment:

Rizal Affif - The Soul Sanctuary said...

Beautiful, Roshi. You put it simply, perfectly.

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...