Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Suki

With palms together,


Good Morning Everyone,



There are two things I need to say this morning. First, we will be holding Sesshin this weekend beginning Friday at 7:00 PM and concluding Sunday afternoon at Clear Mind Zen Temple. We will do something different this sesshin. We will begin sesshin at the Center for Spiritual Living at the downtown mall where we will study the masterful film, “Zen.” We will then begin zazen at 6:00 AM on Saturday and continue through Sunday. Please let me know if you will attend.



Second, my puppy, Suki, managed to get her mouth around a full bottle of Mirapex in the middle of the night and eat it. The bottle was on the dining room table and somehow she managed to get up to it. She vomited profusely, which is what woke me. Between cleaning up and watching her, I called poison control and stayed on the line over an hour to no avail. Websites suggested immediate medical care for an overdose of this drug. I called the Emergency Vet Clinic only to find there was little they could do. There is no antidote and she had already cleared her stomach. This morning she is alert, but still not herself. She has drunk water, but continues sporadic vomiting. I brought her, with her crate, to the Temple this morning. We will sit together.



Needless to say, I am both tired and worried. As in all things, however, this will pass, Suki will survive, or she will not survive. We do what is there to do and let the rest go.



Be well

1 comment:

Rizal Affif - The Soul Sanctuary said...

"We do what is there to do and let the rest go." Very nice.

I hope Suki is doing fine.

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...