Saturday, February 20, 2010

Seeds

With palms together,

Good Evening Everyone,

This day was a long one. I just returned from El Paso where I sat with the No Sides/Both Sides Zen Sangha, a border community. Two Zensters were from Juarez one of whom, Susanna, used to come to Zen Center to sit with me. It was very good to see her again.

I will be ordaining Bobby Byrd, one of the founders of that Zendo, the first week or April at Hanamatsuri Bobby and I go back a few years now and it is good to see him take this step.

Afterwards, we had dinner, Bobby, John Fortunato, and me. It was good to meet with these two Zensters. Three old farts sitting in a Middle Eastern Café in El Paso Texas talking Zen, Christianity, and Judaism: who da thunk it?

The seeds are being planted. May the flowers bloom.

Be well.

A reminderr: there are no Sunday Zen Services at my personal Zendo until further notice.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...