Tuesday, February 02, 2010

When the Ceiling is the Ground

With palms together,

Good Morning Everyone,



If we lay down on the floor and look up, we get an entirely different view of our environment. Furnishing seem larger, their undersides are exposed, the ceiling seems like the floor with lights sprouting up from it. We are resting in the sky.



I do this often, lay on the floor, and it is both refreshing as a reminder of the power of perspective, and as a healing for my body.



Take an opportunity and lay down on the floor, better if outside, perceive the sky, the ceiling, the underside of things. Experience the Earth supporting you. Be thankful.



Be well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when I lay outside and look up I get an overwhelming sense of anxiety that I'm about to fall "up", especially with nothing else in my field of view. Exilerating... and terrifying.

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...