Sunday, April 18, 2010

Be Well

With palms together,
Good Morning Everyone,

The morning hour has come and I am awake feeling much better. Being sick is uncomfortable and I learn a lot from it. We should always pay close attention when we are uncomfortable as it is in such moments we are so often ready to receive a teaching.

The gift I receive from illness is the challenge of being nurtured. It has nor beem my way to easily accept help or ask for it. I am naturally inclined to suffer in silence, thank you very much, but such a way in not particularly healthy nor does it enable others to be in-service.

Lately, steps along this path have been helpful,. A teacher both teaches and is taught. Thinking being ill is a bother to others declines their heart and that is harmful to the generation of loving-kindness. It is important for each of us to be loving. Our universe thrives on it. We grow stronger through our mutual aid and the recognition of our interdependence. It takes some of us quite awhile to learn these lessons and accept them.

I am grateful to all of my teachers along this way.

Be well even when ill.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...