Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekly Update

With palms together,
Good Morning Everyone,


Waking at 3:30, I did what anyone would do, prepared the residence for the day. I made coffee, sorted change, put the clean dishes away, set up the altar, made toast, and ate. I am now here at the computer, seated n my room, and considering my day with you.

My Jisha (assistant) went through my weekly calendar yesterday on our way to El Paso. We were looking for ways to better organize my efforts, as well as to see just how thin I was getting pulled: not too bad, actually. In the end, a few things sorted themselves out. My task at this point is to put together a list of my aims and set them in a priority. I am working on this, but I can say these are the main categories: Zazen/Contemplative practice, Engaged practice, Teaching, Temple work, Order of Clear Mind Zen Administration, and Personal time.

The Juarez project has solidified. I will go there on the third Sunday of the month, offer assistance and a Teaching, and then return to Las Cruces in the afternoon. We have decided it is best for me to walk across “the bridge” into Mexico than drive. My students will meet me there and take me to the new center. This means it will be the third weekend of each month that I will also be in El Paso for the Both Sides/No Sides Zen Community.

I am also offering a weekly time for those interested in Zen to gather at my residence for an informal discussion of Zen, its practices, and teachings. I am scheduling this for late Friday afternoon from between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM, weekly.

Lastly, donations to support these activities are always welcome. There is a donation link on this page. Thank you very much!

This week:

Daily zazen at Roshi's Zendo at 7:00 AM
Monday 10:00 AM Veteran's Park Zazen
Monday 4:00 PM Spirituality Discussion Group
Tuesday 11:00 AM Veteran's Park Zazen
Tuesday 4:00 PM Meditation and Yoga, Temple Beth El
Wednesday 5:00 PM Meditation and Yoga, Temple Beth El
Thursday 10:30 AM Zazen at Unity Church on Wyatt
Friday 10:00 AM Veteran's Park Zazen
Friday 4:00 PM Zen Discussion Group


Be well,

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...