Monday, April 05, 2010

Notes for the Week

With palms together,
Good Morning Everyone,

Today I sit zazen at the Veteran’s Park at 10:00 AM. The early afternoon will be for accounting and the late afternoon for Study Group at 4:00 PM. Today our small group will meet at McGuire-roshi’s home out on the East Mesa. I invite any of you to attend either my morning zazen or afternoon Study Group.

I have turned my condo into a Zendo. I have decided that, since I am now a full time monk, I will offer myself to you full time. This means if you want private Zen instruction, please call me to make an appointment and I will receive you. My condo is “ground floor”, on a courtyard. It is rather pleasant and I think the space will be a wonderful space for practice. If you cannot visit in person and would like to have a conversation via “chat” or telephone, please let me know and we will schedule a time. I am on Facebook and Tricycle both of which have “chat” functions. Also I have Skype and can do video conferencing.

As to accounting, I am reminded that it is time to ask for dana. It is not that I am poor and cannot afford to provide either for myself or for CMZ. It is rather an obligation we each have to access that aspect of us that is called Generosity. Touching this space is excellent practice and really should be done, according to our tradition, without a thought of self.

If you would please consider ofering a few dollars to my dana bowl either in person or via PayPal, CMZ would greatly appreciate it. You may access CMZ PayPal through our website: http://www.clearmindzen.org

Lastly, in a few weeks I will be traveling to New York State to the Omega Institute in order to participate in a Zen retreat for Veterans. I do not travel easily. Something about my PTSD has issues with security and trust, etc. But I AM working with this. I will also be meeting with dos personas from Juarez, Mexico to begin the process of creating a Clear Mind Zen affiliate in that violence-rife city.

We will need donations for Zafus, Zabutons, altar supplies, a Buddha, a bell, and a Mokugyo. This is what Sangha is all about. We must offer our presence to the people of Juarez and create a safe and peaceful space. I need your help.

Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...