Sunday, January 20, 2008

Extraordinary Magic

Good Morning Everyone,

My Little Honey has just completed a short novel entitled "The Extraordinary Magic of Everyday Life" In it she has three aged women, one of whom is a bag lady, and with the magic of a teddy bear and everyday life, itself, they come of age. This process of coming of age is interesting. It is in the process of rising to the occasions required by activities of the ordinary with friends and family that we take our place in the world.

Yesterday we went to see "The Bucket List" and while the activities on that list were wonderful "things to do" the really important stuff was relational. We often forget that. At least I do. Yet, as I am aging, like my wife's characters in her book, I trust I am coming of age myself.

We cannot short circuit the process and there are no real short cuts. Life is to be lived and the less we live in the creation of our minds, the more we live in the everyday moments, the more authentic our lives. Zen is all about that.

This morning I will drive down to El Paso to visit my friends at the El Paso Sitting Group. Then I teach a class at the Jewish Academy. Life is good.

Be well.



Rev. Dr. So Daiho Hilbert-roshi
http://www.clearmindzen.org/



Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...