Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Just Do It

Good Morning Everyone,
 
Its a nice chilly morning and I am preparing now for my morning run.  I just did my weight work in my bathroom dumbbell gym: bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, delt raises, and shrugs.  I am doing one set of twenty reps in the morning, afternoon, and evening with the heaviest weight I can manage for that number of reps. I was going to go for a walk with my friend Abe, but he could not muster himself and my training partner, Katie, isn't feeling very well.  So, I am on my own.
 
Life is like that.
 
We partner with people, draw on their support, but in the end it is our own effort and willingness to get down and do the thing that really counts. 
 
Yesterday I sat alone at the Veteran's Park.  The air was not particularly cold, but I wore a thermal insulated shirt under my robe. It was a peaceful two periods of Zazen.
 
From there I went to Temple Beth El where I led two periods of meditation.  This was a good little group.  We even had one of my Zen students attend, Sara Moren.  It was a delight to see her!  She has spent the last few weeks at San Francisco Zen Center and has just applied for a eight week program there. 
 
After meditation we sat with cups of tea in the social hall and talked a bit.  Community is an important ingredient in our practice.
 
I look forward to sitting at the Federal Building in Las Cruces on Wednesday at 4:00 PM.  If you are up to it, come join me!
 
Be well. 


 
Rev. Dr. So Daiho Hilbert-roshi 


Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...